Friday, February 8, 2008

Spokane Incinerator on a Cold Day

 
On a cold day you can see how much is emanating from our local garbage incinerator. They say there is nothing of danger coming from this "waste to energy" facility. I wonder -- we know it emits dioxin. Is there such a thing as a safe dosage of dioxin? I am not a scientist so I do not know. It seems if cancer causing agents do so because they affect the genetic library of cells then can there be such a thing as a safe dose of a cancer causing agent? Like I say, I do not know. Most of the time the emissions from the incinerator blow the other direction -- east and over Spokane.
Posted by Picasa

About Me

My photo
Lawyer, former Spokane City Council member, public trust advocate, author and advocate of Spokane's "strong Mayor" form of government.