Friday, January 11, 2008

Diamond Parking Lots: The Privileges of Wealth

The Joe Diamond family of Seattle (Joe Diamond is dead now) have parking lots all over downtown Spokane. As best I can tell when the snow falls they plow their lots but do not shovel or plow the snow off the sidewalks surrounding their lots. I am not surprised. People like to have government do their work, meet their responsibilities. When I looked yesterday I saw the government plowing the Diamond sidewalks.

Of course no one likes me to criticise the conduct of the Diamond Family. The reason of course is that most of the rest of the population wants to have someone else do the work for which they are responsible.

Most of us are like spoiled children.

About Me

My photo
Lawyer, former Spokane City Council member, public trust advocate, author and advocate of Spokane's "strong Mayor" form of government.