Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Eastern State Hospital

Here are two pictures of an old building at Eastern State Hospital west of Spopkane. And, a picture of the current hospital itself.

The old building has not been used for a long time. The windows are made up with bars to ensure no one escapes.

The new buiding does not have bars although there are areas where the windows have grates or bars.

As I drove through the grounds today a group of patients at the hospital were walking over to the therapy building. They did not look unsual. Many of them warmly waved to the dog and I as we drove past. I waved back and said hello from my car window.


Posted by Picasa

About Me

My photo
Lawyer, former Spokane City Council member, public trust advocate, author and advocate of Spokane's "strong Mayor" form of government.